The National anthem of Turkey is “Istiklal Marsi” which means in English “Independence March”.
Turkey’s anthem lyrics were written by Mehmet Akif ERSOY and the music was written by Zeki UNGOR.
Lyrics Adopted 1921.
Music Adopted 1932.
The Anthem’s Original Music Was Adopted In 1924.
A New Composition Was Agreed Upon In 1932.
Listen to Turkey’s National Anthem
Turkish anthem lyrics (English translation)
Note: The lyrics of the Turkish National Anthem consist of a long poem which has 50 lines of verse.
Only the first 10 lines are performed in official ceremonies.
National anthem of Turkey free mp3 download
Press to download the mp3 file of Turkey’s National anthem – See link (file source: cia world factbook).
View the Turkish national anthem sheet music – See link.
- Turkish national symbol: star and crescent.
- Conventional short form country name: Turkey.
- Conventional long form country name: Republic of Turkey.
- Local short form country name: Turkiye.
- Local long form country name: Turkiye Cumhuriyeti.
- Turkey Government Type: republican parliamentary democracy.
Parliamentary democracy is a political system in which the legislature (parliament) selects the government – a prime minister, premier, or chancellor along with the cabinet ministers – according to party strength as expressed in elections; by this system, the government acquires a dual responsibility: to the people as well as to the parliament.ֲ
You can find more information about Turkish anthem on Wikipedia – See link.